M1 - My style of photography


For my style I will be shooting in an abstract style, and doing portrait photography, I really enjoyed David Bailey's style on portraits which is much more dramatic. This meets the conventions of present day photography and portraits, this will make my photography seem more popular with present day audiences so they enjoy my photographs much more. I will also look at using colour and motion to my shoot in order to make my own unique style of dramatic photography.



This shot I love due to the motion in the scene and I think that the use of pink powder paint makes it pop out more and I believe that it wouldn't generate the same feeling without the colour, moreover it is shot deliberately on a day where it is quite dull, so the background is quite plain and lifeless compared to the bright vivid colour of the pink drawing our attention to the action. This was shot with a lower shutter speed in order to make the motion clearer and not blurred and it makes a trail from where the movement went. From this I may use the idea of using paint powder to capture motion and create a vivid colour to pop.


 This piece is great as it is actually 2 shots with double
 exposure and colour grades, likely this is done using lens filters of clear colour then it is layered on top of each other, this would be a great way to do expressionism and I love the feel of retro 3d glasses in this image. I would do this as a form of expressionism with portraits, so I could convey one emotion with a colour then layer the other on top, however I would need to consider the background for the shots.

This piece is really good as it follows a similar code to work done by David Bailey, as it has a stark background with nice colour grading to add colour into the scene and change the the mood of the piece. I would try replicate this piece with the addition of coloured lenses or by putting coloured light at either side, tho I may experiment and change the angle of the camera to make it my own and could make the piece more dramatic and could emphasise the person, for example id shoot someone smaller form a lower angle.

Here are some of my shots that I have taken previously in which I am demonstrating my current style, these are test shots for my photography as I want to work with my inspiration and create my own style based form it.
Here I experimented with the aperture to make it seem like the vision was blurred  and I also loved the colour of the early morning so wanted to utilise it. I also liked using lines to help create a depth of field for the shot 

here I took away the aperture and decided to raise the exposure of the image so that the image is more sharp on the buildings


here I took a portrait shot however I feel like it would look better desaturated and maybe lower the exposure for the 

Comments